Blog n: a web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and brief philosophical musings about social issues that generally represent the personality of the author. Blogs are defined by their format: a series of entries posted in reverse-chronological order.
So there. Now feed the starving little fighting fish above by clicking in his space...


Thursday 24 January 2008

Hobbies, talents, and the importance of play.

Diablo's performance the other night must have inspired Rojo because today I found him doing what seemed to be some sort of dance sequence. It actually reminded me of the cheery springtime dance called "The Arabesque", I learned in Ballet years ago so I suggested he smile more. But what really struck me was his near perfect 180 pivot and how it led seamlessly into a measured ascent; the effect was quite majestic. With good posture and tails spread wide this modest final pose concluded Rojo's very first creative expression as a simple but thoughtful interpretative art form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just wish I could have been there to capture this moment in time, to store it in the book and volume of my heart forever! It just must have been stunning! Oh...., how so far we've progressed as life forms on this planet. If all species keep encouraging one another to greater heights like you have with your betta, there is no telling what kind of talented behavior might evolve next. Personally, I would so much like to see schools of betta's dancing in Ballet West and then possibly moving on to guest appearances on all the Lawrence Welk reruns. Please keep up the great work! This is such a noble and selfless contribution your are making to the greater good of the planet.... and yes, even the universe!

Bob Zamboni said...

Rojo huh? I think I've met this fish at one of the local watering holes in South Salt Lake. Maybe I'm thinking of JoJo that hot redhead who swam the English channel last year. Then maybe I just dreaming, who knows?