Blog n: a web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and brief philosophical musings about social issues that generally represent the personality of the author. Blogs are defined by their format: a series of entries posted in reverse-chronological order.
So there. Now feed the starving little fighting fish above by clicking in his space...


Wednesday 25 February 2009

...to be? That is the question.

Indecisiveness has been my Achilles heel since the moment I abandoned toddler-ville and that first word and imperative statement of "No!" What blissful certainty! Academia followed a few years later with it's perilous and uncertain waters of the 'maybe' and 'why not?' and I graduated with an obsession of seeing things from the other point of view. Throw on some strict Christian upbringing and I'm left on the battle field of what I should and what I want to do. Objectivism gone mad am I!

So, clinging to an empty barrel like someone lost at sea I ask myself what is FACT. What do I know? What do you know? I know beauty, virtue, and goodness when I see it and that I am a spiritual being having a human experience. That makes sense. That resonates and vibrates truth rhythms throughout my soul. When I'm in doubt about moral issues I'm grateful for my Dad who I go to for advice and direction. And when I'm alone and my brain and soul are divided and twice removed, and my to-do list is scrambled with egg and coffee stains I ask myself to make the distinction between what is important and what is urgent. And then I can move forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try not to focus too much on the past Leanne. Just learn a little from it. What you do next is ultimatly what is important.

Tommy

Anonymous said...

I once read an author who wrote: " Stop remembering a hurtful past thinking that it is going to help protect yourself from an even more painful future".

The past is gone. Eternity is right here and right now. Think of your past mistakes only as teachers.

I love you....