Blog n: a web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and brief philosophical musings about social issues that generally represent the personality of the author. Blogs are defined by their format: a series of entries posted in reverse-chronological order.
So there. Now feed the starving little fighting fish above by clicking in his space...


Tuesday 8 January 2008

tails, bubble nests, and the pursuit of happiness

I had a Betta commit suicide once. My friend asked me to watch her fish for a week and one day i came home and found an empty tank and poor 'Richard' lying on my carpet like a crisp dark leaf.
I told this to the fish lady from the other day and apparently, in the wild, Betta's will jump out of their pockets of water and land on a leaf and take a nap. As much as I want to believe her I think the fish lady is full of sh**.

2 comments:

jessicadavison said...

his name was kent

Anonymous said...

I don't think she is. Its got something to do with the name. Giving the name 'Richard' to someone, or something is very bad karma. Look back through history. They've either been- poor, tricky, have a lyin' heart, etc. I think you should have been better informed and prepared for a situation such as this. You should have smelled something fishy from the get-go. You also failed to mention the color of your carpet- Aqua Blue, maybe. Well no wonder. To set the record straight about these things leaf-jumping. Yes, they do! I've seen them do it with my own eyes when I was in Southeast Asia engaged in covert operations with the National Liberation Front. Happened all the time! And what did you say this fish lady's name was again?... Then again, she sounds like a woman I heard on the radio broadcasting out of DaNang.....she was full of shit too. By the way; My eyes are brown camouflage.